Sunday, December 20, 2009

Antipasto Pasta

I would like to take a minute, right now and give acknowledge all the working mothers out there... I honestly have no idea how you do it. Since I started back at the restaurant a whopping 3 nights a week, I have not been able to get organized. As a result I have been neglectful of most of my other responsibilities; the laundry basket of clean, formerly folded clothes in our room is dishevelled and picked over, I haven't dusted in weeks and poor Liam has been eating Gerber baby food. Oh the horror. While Liam's been dining on food from a jar Chris has been surviving on cereal and ramen noodles. Enough is enough, Just because things are a little hectic around here doesn't mean we have to eat like we are in college again. No more neglecting my kitchen or my blog!

To those of you holding down a full time job, family and home that also managed to send out Christmas cards: You really are amazing, but do you mind reining it in a bit? I'm starting to feel more than my fair share of motherly guilt.

And for those of you who share my plight (aka, cannot seem to get it together) I offer an easy, healthy dinner option: Antipasto Pasta.



This was originally my brother in law's creation. I tweaked it a bit here and there to make it my own. Please don't be overwhelmed by the overwhelming number of ingredients.

Here is what you will need:
3 cups whole wheat Pasta (farfalle or rotini)
1 can Artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1 small green pepper, diced
1 small tomato, diced
1 small can sliced black olives
1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni, quartered
a drizzle or two of extra virgin olive oil
a few splashes of Balsamic vinaigrette
a healthy bunch of fresh basil, chopped
a fistful of chives, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
a handful of chevre or feta crumbles
Salt and pepper to taste

Serve with warm crusty bread topped with pesto spread for a light and easy dinner!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment