Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strawberry Bread Pudding


A new twist on an old favorite! I found a recipe for strawberry bread pudding on one of the blogs I frequent and I made it for the fourth of July celebration my family and I were attending. If I'm being totally honest the result was unremarkable, at best. the marriage of fresh summer strawberries and bread pudding is, in my opinion is a brilliant idea so what went wrong? It was the recipe. it was boring, bland. So I'm deffering to my bread pudding recipe and adorning it with strawberries.

Here is what you will need for the pudding:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 to 5 cups sourdough bread, cubed
1 to 2 cups of cut, fresh strawberries


Several hours in advance cut your bread into cubes


Spread them out evenly on a cookie sheet and set aside until they are relatively dry.

Cut up your strawberries and toss them in with your dried bread cubes.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat together eggs, butter, vanilla, and milk. Add sugar and spices and mix until sugar is dissoved. Arrange bread cubes tightly in a nine-inch baking dish. Pour liquid over the bread and bake for 55 to 70 minutes, or until crust is golden brown all over the top.
Fresh out of the oven all warm and bubbly. We couldnt wait...



A la mode!



No comments:

Post a Comment