Friday, October 21, 2011

Zucchini Cakes!

I know I sound like a damn broken record.
I know this.
But, truly, this IS one of my favorite things to make and then immediately scarf down. If I were alone I might skip the formality of a fork and just use my hands for faster delivery.







I came across this recipe years ago when my CSA box was overflowing with zucchini week after week and I was running out of ideas on how to prepare it. The collective groan that came from the dinner table was becoming a bit discouraging.

This recipe has been adapted from Pastor Ryan, over on PWC.

Here is what you will need:

1 large zucchini, shredded
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup Italian herbed breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Or Romano
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil









On a clean dish towel grate the zucchini


Once grated, twist the shredded zucchini up in the towel and squeeze out the excess water.





It should be a decent amount. Discard.




Transfer the zucchini from the towel into a large bowl and add garlic, cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper.





Take your rings off and get your hands in there mixing everything together well. Taking about a tablespoon amount of zucchini, form patties between your palms.





Add olive oil to a saute pan and heat to medium.







Drop in zucchini cakes and saute each side for 3 minutes






or until golden brown.




Top with a little grated parm




and serve with marinara sauce.






Even the pickiest eaters will try it.







But best of all, they'll love it!








Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment